Our promise is to professionally guide you through the funeral arrangements with empathy and the utmost respect during what is already a difficult time for you and your family.
We are able to make the funeral arrangements in the comfort of our funeral home or in the familiar surroundings of your own home,
if you prefer. We will endeavour to meet with you on a day and at a time that is most convenient for you.
There are many types of service available and whether you are arranging for a burial or cremation, we will softly guide you through all the various options, allowing you to make the decisions that are right for you and your family. For some families a simple funeral service is all that’s required whilst others prefer a more elaborate and complex service.
Types of Service
- A Crematorium Service and Cremation
- A Direct Cremation Service Attended or Unattended
- A Church Service and Burial or Cremation
- A Graveside Service and Burial
- A Cemetery Chapel Service and Burial
Whichever is right for you, we will make all the necessary arrangements and liaise on your behalf. Firstly taking into account any requests left by the deceased and closely listening to their families’ wishes, we will gently plan the funeral details guiding you at all times. As everyone’s expectations differ, each funeral arrangement is tailored to an individual families’ needs. Please rest assured that our professional services are carried out with the same dignity and respect for all of the funeral services offered.
Respectfully the person making arrangements must have the authority to do so and be able to make decisions and give instructions. We understand that you may need to speak with your family for their thoughts and agreement as arrangements progress. As you will understand we are only able to take instructions from the person making the funeral arrangements. This person will be responsible for signing all the necessary paperwork to allow the funeral to take place. In doing so they are entering into a contract with S.E. Wilkinson & Son and as such, they are agreeing to arrange the settlement of our funeral account in accordance with our Terms of Business.
Things you will be asked during the arrangement:
- Whether you are arranging for a Burial or Cremation.
- Necessary personal details about yourself and the deceased.
- Your preferred date and time for the funeral.
- Your feelings, beliefs and religious backgrounds.
- If you require the services of a Minister, Civil Celebrant or Humanist.
- Details of any music desired for the service.
- Your preferred choice of coffin or casket.
- Your instructions to allow for the preparation of the deceased.
- What vehicles you require to convey the deceased and mourners.
- The final resting place of the cremated remains. (if cremation)
- The ownership or purchase of a grave space. (if burial)
- If you require a printed order of service.
- If you need help with ordering floral tributes.
- If there are to be donations for charity in memory of your loved one.
- If you wish for a press notification of the funeral arrangements.
- If you have any special personal requests.
After our meeting has concluded we will give to you, a written confirmation of the arrangements complete with an estimate of funeral expenses
and a copy of our Terms of Business.
We will listen, advise and guide you throughout the arrangements to help you create a unique and personal service for your loved one.