When faced with a death and being in a situation you may have not experienced before it can be a worrying time and the thought of making funeral arrangements can be very daunting. We are here to help and gently guide you.
As independent family funeral directors S.E. Wilkinson & Son are able to offer a whole range of funeral options, dependent on any wishes, beliefs or religious backgrounds of the deceased and their families. Our experienced staff bespoke all of our funeral arrangements to your individual needs, providing a personal service that’s as unique as your loved one.
We have built our reputation over the past 140 years and are proud to have gained the respect of the families we have served. We ensure that we deliver an exceptional service throughout and from the first phone call we will go above and beyond your expectations to give you the professional support, guidance and information you need. We are more than happy to offer advice or a written quotation without obligation. Should you choose to use our services we will handle all of the funeral arrangements personally and we promise never to introduce you to any unnecessary commodities or costs.
Our Dedicated Services
- Treating everyone with the upmost care, dignity and respect at all times.
- The transfer of your loved one into our care.
- The care and preparation of the deceased.
- The use of our Private Chapels of Rest.
- Making all arrangements for a Burial or Cremation.
- Arrangements at our funeral home or in the comfort of your own home.
- A convenient town centre location close to the registrar’s office.
- A personalised funeral service that meets your individual requirements.
- Help completing all necessary paperwork.
- The provision of a coffin or casket of your choice.
- Introduction to a Minister, Civil Celebrant or Humanist.
- The provision of a Hearse and pall bearers on the day of the funeral.
Our Additional Services (if requested)
- The provision of following Limousines.
- The arrangement of a Church Service.
- Bespoke Order of Service Sheets.
- Charitable donations handled in-house.
- Help with the arrangement of floral tributes.
- Obituary notices placed in local and national newspapers.
- The arrangement for the final resting place of Cremated Remains.
- Sourcing urns, caskets and memorial jewellery for Cremated Remains.
- Guidance with Monumental Masonry.
Specialist Services (if requested)
- A Traditional Horse Drawn Hearse.
- The arrangement of specialist funeral vehicles.
- Professional Musicians.
- Dove Release.
- Personalised pre-paid funeral plans.
Should you have any special requests please let us know and we will be happy to make all enquiries for you.
As an independent funeral director and SAIF Charter member, we are pleased to be an Introducer to Golden Charter Funeral Plans. We choose only to introduce our clients to Golden Charter. Please contact our office to request an information pack with application form to be sent out to you. These packs are also available from our funeral home if you would prefer to collect in person.
Under the Financial Conduct Authority Pre-paid Funeral Plan Regulations 2022, we can no longer talk through or advise you on choosing or investing in a pre-paid funeral plan. You are however able to speak with Golden Charter direct on Freephone 0800 090 2495 where their FCA regulated representatives will help and guide you.
We can still be your chosen funeral director and hold your funeral plan. Your wish for this will be documented when you complete your application.
Funeral arrangements can be simple or as involved as you wish to make them. S.E. Wilkinson & Son have always promised never to introduce families to anything that is not necessary or has not been asked for. We always tailor our services to the individual requirements of a family or to reflect the final wishes left by the person
who has passed away.