Tell Us Once
For immediate help or advice please call us on 01604 637852
(24 hours a day, 7 days a week) where our funeral director or one of our friendly staff will talk with you. For your peace of mind you know that when calling this number you will speak directly to a member of our family and not to a call centre operative, we thinks this is best to give you the personal touch where we can help and support you. You will be guided and helped through the next stages and we will answer any questions you may have.
Tell Us Once is a service created by the Government that will help you following a bereavement. It allows you to notify all relevant central and local government departments about the person who has died by phone or online. This service is voluntary with no fees for its use. When you have made your registration you will have access to the Tell Us Once service with a unique code given to you by the Registrar.
Who can use this service?
- The next of kin (closest relative by blood, marriage or civil partnership to the deceased)
- The person dealing with the deceased’s estate (the person handling the deceased’s affairs).
- If you are neither of the above, you can still use the service as long as you have the next of kin’s permission to provide the necessary information about them.
How do I use this service?:
During the registration appointment, the Registrar will record some basic details and give you a letter with will contain a unique reference code. There are two options available for using the Tell Us Once service.
Option 1: To be used by phone ~ the Registrar will give you the Tell Us Once telephone number along with the unique reference code when you have completed your registration. For the hard of hearing only, there is an option to use the text phone service on 0800 1412 218. Your reference code is only valid for 28 days after issue, please make sure you call the service before the expiry date.
Option 2: To be used online ~ please click here to access the Tell Us Once website, where you can register online using your unique reference code. Your reference code is only valid for 28 days after issue, please make sure you log in to the website before the expiry date.
Information required to use this service:
- Unique code (issued by the Registrar)
- Deceased’s date of birth
- The death certificate
- Details of any state pensions, benefits or services the deceased was receiving
- The deceased’s driving license or license number (not necessary, but DVLA will not be notified without it)
- The deceased’s passport or passport number (not necessary, but HM Passport Office will not be notified without it)
You may also be asked for the contact details of the following, but you will need to obtain their permission before providing this information:
- The deceased’s next of kin
- A surviving husband, wife or civil partner
- The person dealing with the deceased’s estate
IF IN DOUBT AT ANY TIME PLEASE CALL US ON 01604 637852
WHERE WE WILL ADVISE YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.